“Back to School Series #7 -First Day of School”

Ooh! how exciting is it when you know you are about to embark upon such an exciting voyage! You have by this point told many people and you are exciting--maybe even eager to start. But... there is something that you need to do!

Time to get organized!

Wait! hold on Melody. You JUST helped me to get organized. Yes, I did, But that was for helping you to get into school and to survive the entire process of registering for school! This is different.

Everyone has a system that is different. Feel free to use my template for success in school.

Before I did ANYTHING, I made sure that I looked at the syllabus. If you do not know this term, it is a brief outline about what the course tells you what is needed to complete the course successfully. Get familiar with this format. Why? Almost every class you will have will have a syllabus. I actually used my syllabus as a checklist to complete all of the requirements from my class and I graduated with a 4.0.  

Find the Syllabus!
The syllabus will help you to plan out your time and assignments accordingly, so place that dates on your calendar to complete assignments. This is something I did but sadly did not utilize my time wisely. Please learn from my own mistake and USE A CALENDAR.

One of the worst things to experience is to complete an assignment to only find out two hours before its due that you did it incorrectly!! So, follow the syllabus like a checklist. Having that syllabus will help you to locate materials (chunk your assignment into bite size tasks) and organize your assignments quickly. This means more time for other things you want to do! This can also make or break the time needed to get a sufficient amount of rest.

Find out what books or materials are needed to complete this assignment. 
I once had a biology class I had to take online that required me to purchase additional materials for researching DNA. Am I a scientist? No, but I had to purchase these simple items to discuss my findings. You might have to plan accordingly to your budget and time when to complete the assignments in a timely manner.

Complete assignments in a timely manner
Life happens. We know things happen. Sickness, kids not feeling good, you possibly getting that flu that everyone had at the office. Again life happens. There is also planning ahead that helps you to stay ahead of the game. With my college, we were expected to have delays and even problems with the network with submitting papers. It was also suggested to avoid this mishap by submitting assignments before the due date. Always try your best to submit that assignment at least a day before the due date. If you complete a bit at a time daily of your assignment, you will not have to fret about assignments being submitted on time or it the submission of the assignment going through.

In the meantime, take a deep breath! You MADE it in the school. If you made it this far, you can complete school successfully. I believe in you!

Take care friends and try to rest during this Thanksgiving break!
Melody--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School Series #1 - Introduction

Free Apps to save YOU Money!

Back to School Series #2 - Finding the Right School for You